- To build a retirement home where the programs and support services encourage the elderly to pursue their own form of spirituality and help them continue building new and meaningful connections with others and the wider world in a like-minded community based on wisdom and compassion.
- To enhance each individual’s spiritual, physical, emotional and mental well-being by enabling both individual and group religious practice (prayer, contemplation, meditation, etc.) along with more common programs such as recreation, education and outings. Our goal is to offer the full spectrum of senior care, from independent and assisted living through skilled nursing and and hospice care, with special focus on the end of life.
- To live and support each other in a way that encourages our spiritual journey through aging while we pursue daily individual and shared activities in a like-minded, compassion and wisdom-based community.
- To offer programs and services that will support us in this endeavor as we value and promote a caring and enlivening atmosphere committed to these goals. The Buddhist Home will be a ‘home with a heart’ where we truly enjoy living in community during the final phases of life.
- To acknowledge that as we age, the final years of life hold a special time of spiritual deepening and meaning, and to offer the services and support necessary for every person to be fully supported on this journey until the very end of life.